It is not too late to get involved.
Volunteers for Victims Hub kicked off Wednesday, January 3. And the cold, rainy morning did not dampen spirits of the women who came to get involved.
CWCCC Hub Coordinator, Delanna Hess, organized this particular hub to partner with Alive at Last. Alive at Last is a non-profit organization who mobilizes Christian communities to encourage and equip victims of sexual exploitation. Founder and President, Alisa Evans shared the different volunteer opportunities available.
Basically, women can serve in three different ways: One can volunteer as a:
1) Healing Mentor. This role requires a 3-month commitment.
2) Life Purpose Mentor, which requires a 6-month commitment.
3) One-time Event Volunteer, who can lend their talents and support as your schedule permits throughout the year.
Not sure you’re equipped to serve this community?
First, all you need is passion and heart for giving the gifts God put in you for women in need.
Then, Alive at Last will equip you with the leadership and volunteer training that prepares you to serve this community of women. Training includes:
• Learning how you can Leverage Your Experience to Benefit Your Ministry to Victims.
• Taking an optional Walking Tour of a Poverty Simulation to experience what living on the streets is like in today’s complicated society.
Want to know more or get plugged into this hub?
Email, text, or call Delanna Hess at firstname.lastname@example.org; 469-441-8198.
Learn more here about what a hub is and how it is different/same as Women’s Connections.