Dear Sisters In Christ,
Welcome back. I am so excited about how we continue to grow and do Immeasurably More.
First of all, we added more women to our wonderfully blessed group. Also, we created new positions for those called to be more involved:
• Cindy Leeper is our new Membership Coordinator. She will work with Betty Sanderson and the finance team as well as Judy Barnes, our communications coordinator, to make sure luncheon reminders reach you and to check in if we haven’t seen you for a while.
• Delanna Hess is our new HUB Coordinator, who serves as Outreach liaison. Delanna will work with Suzy Shepherd, our Stonecroft District Director, on exciting outreach programs, along with coordinating our event at the Union Gospel Mission.
Next, in September, we returned to the Country Club after a busy summer of preparing for fall functions. Here’s what’s in store during the coming months:
• October 11 is the Fall Fundraiser. This year we plan to simplify the event with 10 live auction items, tables for silent auction items, an “Elegant Elephants” corner (in stead of the Bargain Boutique in previous years), and vendors. We thank everyone in advance for your donations, and please note: ALL donations must be in by September 27 to give us time to sort them and print programs.
• Look for November 8th’s luncheon to include drawings for decorated table top trees — no more than 3 feet high and donated by you crafty ladies. This event will be an extension of our fundraising effort and should be a blast! (No need to sign up – just bring your decorated tree that day.)
• On December 6, we return to Union Gospel Mission, from 1-3pm to shower the ladies with more love and goodies. More details to come.
• December 13th’s Luncheon will be a birthday bash. Sign up in November for a table to decorate. There will be one table for each month of the year. Pick your birthday month or favorite month. We will also celebrate Refuge City and Alive At Last by bringing gifts. Lists of needed items will be available at our November luncheon.
Ladies, you are such a blessing to me and each other. Each time we come together, I see warmth and care go out to our membership and others in our community. Prayers have made powerful impacts and given peace to those seeking it. We are certainly women connected. We are a gift to one another in our love.
Blessings and hugs for another fabulous Christ-centered, love-filled year,
Chair, Christian Women’s Connection of Collin County